Using Mailchimp to grow your fanbase as a musician requires a combination of tactics, including setting up an email list, using sign-up forms, sending newsletters, promoting your music, and analyzing your results. Here is a more detailed explanation of each of these tactics:
- Setting up an email list: The first step in using Mailchimp to grow your fanbase is to set up an email list. This will allow you to send newsletters, updates, and promotional material to your fans directly through email. To set up an email list in Mailchimp, follow these steps:
- Create a Mailchimp account: Go to the Mailchimp website and sign up for a free account. You’ll need to provide your email address and create a password.
- Create a list: Once you’ve created your account, click the “Lists” tab in the top menu and then click the “Create List” button. Give your list a name and add a brief description. You’ll also need to enter your contact information and choose a default “From” name and email address for your emails.
- Add subscribers: You can add subscribers to your list in a variety of ways. You can import a list of email addresses from a CSV or text file, or you can manually add subscribers one at a time. You can also use sign-up forms (discussed below) to collect email addresses from new fans and automatically add them to your list.
- Using sign-up forms: Mailchimp offers a variety of sign-up forms that you can use to collect email addresses from new fans and add them to your list. These forms can be embedded on your website, social media profiles, or even printed out and used at live shows. To create a sign-up form in Mailchimp, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Lists” tab in the top menu and click on the name of your list.
- Click the “Signup forms” tab and then click the “General forms” subtab.
- Select the type of form you want to create (e.g., embedded form, pop-up form, landing page, etc.).
- Customize the form to match the look and feel of your website or social media profiles. You can choose from a variety of templates and design options, and you can also add custom fields (e.g., name, location, etc.) to collect more information from your subscribers.
- Preview the form to make sure it looks the way you want it to, and then click the “Publish” button to make it live.
- Sending newsletters: Once you’ve set up an email list and collected some subscribers, you can use Mailchimp to send newsletters to your list. These newsletters can include updates about your music, upcoming shows, and other news. To create and send a newsletter in Mailchimp, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Campaigns” tab in the top menu and click the “Create” button.
- Select the “Regular campaign” option and choose the list you want to send to.
- Choose a template for your newsletter or create a custom design. Mailchimp offers a variety of templates and design options, so you can choose one that matches the look and feel of your brand.
- Add content to your newsletter. This can include text, images, links, and other media. You can also use Mailchimp’s “Merge tags” to automatically insert subscriber information (e.g., name, location, etc.) into your emails.
- Preview and test your newsletter to make sure it looks the way you want it
With these steps, you are able to send out great newsletters to your top fans!
Keep making awesome music, and share it with the world!