To be more successful with your music, you want to share it with as many people as possible.
Social media sharing is a good strategy, as is making great music.
But, another good strategy that is often overlooked is maximizing your reach with music blogs and online music magazines. It can be a great way to promote your music and reach a larger audience. Here are some tips for making the most of this opportunity:
- Research and target the right outlets: Not all music blogs and online music magazines are right for every artist, so it’s important to do your research and find the outlets that are most relevant to your genre and style. Look for outlets that have a history of featuring artists similar to you, and be sure to check out their submission guidelines to make sure your music fits their criteria.
- Create a strong press kit: A press kit is a collection of materials that you can use to promote your music to the media. It should include a bio, press photos, a list of your accomplishments, and links to your music and social media accounts. Make sure your press kit is professional and well-organized, as it will be the first impression that music blogs and online magazines have of you and your music.
- Pitch your music effectively: When you pitch your music to music blogs and online music magazines, it’s important to be concise and to the point. Provide a brief overview of your music, highlight any notable accomplishments or accolades, and include links to your music and press kit. Be sure to personalize your pitch to each outlet, as this will show that you’ve done your research and are genuinely interested in working with them.
- Follow up: Don’t be afraid to follow up with music blogs and online music magazines if you don’t hear back from them right away. Just be sure to be respectful and polite in your follow-up emails, and keep in mind that they may be busy with other artists and projects.
- Engage with the media: Once you’ve secured coverage from a music blog or online music magazine, be sure to engage with them and show your appreciation. Share their articles and reviews on social media, comment on their posts, and stay in touch to let them know about any new releases or upcoming shows you have coming up. This will help build a relationship with the media and increase the chances that they’ll cover your music in the future.
By following these tips and consistently promoting your music to music blogs and online music magazines, you can maximize your reach and increase your chances of getting your music in front of a larger audience. Keep in mind that it takes time and effort to build relationships with the media, and it’s important to be persistent and professional in your efforts.
Keep making awesome music, and share it with the world!
Maurice from Music-Mindset.com