If you start on YouTube, you can choose your name. And, depending on the road you want to take in your artist journey, you will choose accordingly. Your band name, your own name or an artist name, it can all work.
However, sometimes things change, as will your name or band. It might be a good idea to change your YouTube channel name to match.
Pro-tip: Change it into something close to your personal name if you are unsure. That way, you will be the main artist in all your music related projects, even if they change names individually.
To change your YouTube channel name, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your YouTube account and click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Click on the “My channel” option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Customize channel” button.
- Click on the “Edit on Google” button next to your channel name.
- Enter your new channel name in the text field and click the “Done” button.
- Review the changes you have made and click the “Publish” button to save your new channel name.
It’s important to note that changing your channel name may also change the URL for your channel, so you may want to consider this when selecting a new name. Additionally, it’s a good idea to check that your new channel name is available and complies with YouTube’s policies before saving your changes. If you encounter any issues or have questions about changing your channel name, you can contact YouTube support for assistance.
Keep making awesome music, and share it with the world!
Maurice from Music-Mindset.com